Meeting Room Policy
The Tiverton Public Library has five rooms available for use by the community. Library meeting rooms are primarily for the use of the Library, Library related organizations, and Library sponsored programs. When not in use by the Library staff or Library related organizations, the rooms may be used for meetings of local groups and organizations, according to the following guidelines and conditions:
1. Rooms may be booked by non-profit groups holding meetings that are free of charge and open to the public.
2. Reservations for meeting space are not confirmed until the reserving party is notified.
3. Reservations from organizations for use of the meeting room space are made on the Library’s application form, located on the Library website
4. For- profit groups/ businesses will be charged a $50.00 fee per room. Checks must be made payable to the "Tiverton Public Library". Reservations will not be confirmed until payment is received.
5. No admittance fee may be charged or contributions solicited except for Library fundraisers.
6. Goods or materials may not be sold or advertised at the meeting.
7. The size of the group cannot exceed the capacity of the specific meeting room.
8. The group or association is responsible for the security, safety and behavior of the group. Children must be supervised by group members and pick up of children must be monitored by the group.
9. Use of the meeting space cannot interfere with the normal operation of the Library.
10. Only one reservation per month allowed per organization.
11. No smoking is allowed on Library property. No open flame is permitted at any time.
12. No alcoholic beverages may be dispensed or consumed on Library property.
13. Any questions of interpretation of this policy will be referred to the Library Board of Trustees and no meetings will be booked until that Board renders a decision.
14. Any infraction of these guidelines may result in loss of facilities use privileges for the group or association.
15. The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to refuse the use of the Library meeting rooms or cancel any reservation when they deem the action to be in the best interest of the Library and/or Town.
Hours and Contact
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10 - 8
Tuesday: 1 - 8
Friday: 10 - 5
Saturday: 10 - 4
Tiverton Public Library
34 Roosevelt Drive, Tiverton, RI 02878